How Did That Get to My Table? Cereal
With this title, young readers will gain a better understanding on how the breakfast cereal they love, ends up on their breakfast table.
- Author: Pam Rosenberg
- Level: Grade 2 - Grade 5
- Dewey: 664'.756--dc22
- BISAC: JNF051090, JNF027000, JNF051120, JNF061010
- Reinforced book (9781602794665): 8 x 8, 24 pages, © 2010
- Hosted ebook (9781602796737H): 24 pages, © 2010
- Series: Community Connections
- Subseries: How Did That Get to My Table?
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 131890
- Accelerated Reader® Reading Level: 2.9
- Accelerated Reader® Interest Level: Lg
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
Table of Contents
- What's for Breakfast?
- From Field to Factory
- From the Factory to Your Table
- Find Out More
- About the Author
Library Media Connection
Reviewed on 1 February 2010
Each book in this series describes a particular food product and explains how that product gets from farmers’ fields into consumers’ homes. Brief introductory chapters are followed by chapters describing how the product is grown, harvested, produced, and distributed. The text is accurate, concise, and appropriate for the intended audience. Large, colorful photographs on every page add interest and nicely illustrate the text. Those teaching beginning dictionary skills would appreciate a more conventional approach to pronunciation in the glossary. Young readers will enjoy using this attractive, informative, and fascinating look at how food makes its way to their tables.
Bibliography. Glossary. Websites. Index.
Gregory A. Martin, Curriculum Materials Center Librarian, Assistant Professor of Library Science, Cedarville University, Cedarville, Ohio
Author: Pam Rosenberg
Pam Rosenberg has written more than 30 books for young people. A former teacher and corporate trainer, she currently works full time as a writer and editor. She lives in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- Item count: 0
- Title count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00