Your Healthy Plate: Vegetables
This new book from Cherry Lake Publishing, highlights vegetables, one of the food groups contained in the new dietary guidelines for Americans launched in January 2011 by the FDA. This leveled reader helps the young child understand the importance of vegetables as a part of a balanced diet.
- Author: Katie Marsico
- Level: Kindergarten - Grade 3
- Dewey: 641.3/5
- BISAC: JNF024010, JNF024110, JNF045000
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781610803472): 8.25 x 8.25, 24 pages, © 2012
- Paperback (9781610803991): 24 pages, © 2012
- Hosted ebook (9781610803540H): 24 pages, © 2012
- Series: 21st Century Basic Skills Library
- Subseries: Your Healthy Plate
- Lexile® Measure: 690
- Guided Reading Level: J
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: Pending
- Accelerated Reader® Reading Level: 2.0
Table of Contents
- What Are Vegetables?
- Why Do You Need Vegetables?
- Why Else Should You Eat Vegetables?
- How Often Should You Eat Vegetables?
- Find Out More
- Home and School Connection
- About the Author
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Katie Marsico
Katie Marsico worked as an editor in childrenâ€™s publishing before she began writing her own reference books. She lives with her husband, Carl, daughter, Maria, and son, C. J., in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. Ms. Marsico is grateful to her friends and colleagues E. Russell Primm and Pam Rosenberg for helping her get her start as a childrenâ€™s author and for giving her the opportunity to write this book.
- Item count: 0
- Title count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Table of contents
- Glossary of key words
- Sources for further research
- Author/Illustrator biography