Gods and Goddesses of the Ancient World
Books in the Gods and Goddesses of the Ancient World series explore the fascinating stories of drama, love, and destruction found in Greek Mythology. Written with a high interest level to appeal to a more mature audience and a lower level of complexity with clear visuals to help struggling readers along. Considerate text includes tons of fascinating information and wild facts that will hold the readers' interest, allowing for successful mastery and comprehension. A table of contents, glossary with simplified pronunciations, and index all enhance comprehension.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781634720755): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Paperback (9781634721059): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781634721202): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Subject: Language Arts, Social Studies
- Series: Gods and Goddesses of the Ancient World
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / General (JNF061000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / Electricity & Electronics (JNF051090)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Computers / General (JNF012000)
Individual Titles (8)
School Library Journal - Gods and Goddess of the Ancient World Series
Reviewed on 1 April 2017
Gr 3-6–Short, simple sentences provide reluctant readers access to their favorite characters from Greek mythology. More than just retellings, these volumes introduce the complex motives behind the gods’ and goddesses’ actions (jealousy, revenge, vanity, etc.) and make real-world connections (for instance, a sidebar on famous archer Ki Bo-Bae in Artemis). Early on, “Family Tree” sidebars establish relations among the featured figures, a useful element to ground unfamiliar readers. Stock photographs of people and ancient sculptures, cities, and landmarks are paired with illustrations and generally reflect the text well. VERDICT In-text cross-curricular connections offer a fresh approach to ancient characters and story arcs.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Sources for further research