Global Citizens: Environmentalism
Using the new C3 Framework for Social Studies Standards, this series explores the hot topics in modern environmentalism through the lenses of History, Geography, Civics, and Economics. As they read, students will develop questions about the text, and use evidence from a variety of sources in order to form conclusions. Data-focused backmatter is included, as well as a bibliography, glossary, and index.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 7
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781534102163): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Paperback (9781534102668): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534102910): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Subject: Natural Sciences, Science & Technology
- Series: 21st Century Skills Library
- Subseries: Global Citizens: Environmentalism
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Science / Politics & Government (JNF043000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Environmental Science & Ecosystems (JNF051100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Environmental Conservation & Protection (JNF037020)
Individual Titles (8)
School Library Connection - Global Citizens: Environmentalism
Reviewed on 1 October 2017
Each book in this series begins with the basic definition of environmentalism, which then leads into the particular topic of discussion within the field. While the series works through many known concepts, the author does bring forth additional topics the student may not have heard about. Each page of text is complemented by a crisp full-page color photograph with a caption at the bottom. The concepts are explained via easy-to-understand details and short sentences that do not overwhelm the reader. Included info boxes add in additional learning tasks such as “Developing Questions,” “Gathering and Evaluating Sources,” “Taking Informed Action,” and “Communicating Conclusions.” These additional boxes ask the student to research questions based on the text and to come to their own conclusions. Additional Resources. Glossary. Index. Table of Contents.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Sources for further research
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars
- Table of contents