Seeing Black in the Learning My Colors series uses a curriculum based approach to get children comfortable with reading and recognizing the color black. This book uses a combination of sight words and short-vowel words in repetition to build recognition and confidence. Bold, colorful photographs help guide readers through the text. Text and format is created by Cecilia Minden, PhD, a literacy consultant and former director of the Language and Literacy program at Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Level: Preschool - Grade 2
- Dewey: 535.6
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Paperback (9781534123922): 6 x 6.75, 16 pages, © 2018
- PDF (9781534123809): 6 x 6.75, 16 pages, © 2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534124042): 6 x 6.75, 16 pages, © 2018
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Learning My Colors
- Lexile® Measure: -60
- Guided Reading Level: A
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Readers / Beginner (JNF045000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Language Arts / General (JNF029000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Colors (JNF013020)
Table of Contents
- Beginning of text
- Word list
No reviews found.
Author: Cecilia Minden
Cecilia Minden, PhD, is a literacy consultant and the author of many books for children. She is the former director of the Language and Literacy program at Harvard Graduate School of Education in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Cecilia lives with her family in North Carolina.
Your cart is empty
- Author/Illustrator biography
- Glossary of key words
- Teaching guides