Bright Futures Press
Bright Futures Press is the go-to place for creative career exploration resources.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 7
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations, Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781634726207): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Paperback (9781634726405): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781634726504): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Subject: Professional, Social Studies
- Series: Bright Futures Press
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Careers (JNF011000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / General (see also headings under Animals or Technology) (JNF051000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Science / General (JNF052000)
Individual Titles (27)
- Fall 2020
- Spring 2020
- Fall 2019
School Library Journal - Bright Futures World of Work
Reviewed on 1 April 2017
Gr 4-7–These interactive titles use clues readers can match to their own interests in order to arrive at one of the eight careers featured in each volume. Students are also prompted to write their thoughts on downloadable activity sheets. Job descriptions are brief but conversational, and the series succeeds in grabbing reader attention by initiating further exploration. Inset boxes offer websites and a “Start Now!” list of activities that relate to the topic—for instance, joining Scouts to develop skills to be an “emergency management coordinator” or helping younger students with computers in the media center in order to become a “help desk analyst.” It is noted that “some very smart career experts” devised the 16 career fields referenced throughout (using the National Career Clusters Framework), so it is possible eight additional books will be forthcoming. VERDICT For those in search of a strictly introductory entry into job categories with plenty of amped-up graphics and fact boxes.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Table of contents