How Did That Get to My House? Natural Gas
Describes how the natural gas that is used to cook and heat your home is discovered and transported into your home.
- Level: Grade 2 - Grade 5
- Dewey: 665.7--dc22
- Reinforced book (9781602794795): 8 x 8, 24 pages, © 2010
- PDF (9781602796867): 24 pages, © 2010
- Hosted ebook (9781602796867H): 24 pages, © 2010
- Series: Community Connections
- Subseries: How Did That Get to My House?
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 131972
- Accelerated Reader® Reading Level: 3.4
- Accelerated Reader® Interest Level: Lg
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / Electricity & Electronics (JNF051090)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / House & Home (JNF027000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / How Things Work-Are Made (JNF051120)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / Inventions (JNF061010)
Table of Contents
- What Is Natural Gas?
- Finding and Cleaning Natural Gas
- Moving Natural Gas
- Find Out More
- About the Author
Library Media Connection
Reviewed on 1 February 2010
Each book in this series describes a particular commodity or service and explains how it makes its way into consumers’ homes. Introductory chapters provide simple explanations and background information on each subject, and later chapters describe how the commodities and services are produced and distributed. The text is accurate, concise, and appropriate for the intended audience. Large, colorful photographs on every page add interest and help clarify the text. Those teaching beginning dictionary skills would appreciate a more conventional approach to pronunciation in the glossary. Young readers will enjoy using these attractive, informative books.
Bibliography. Glossary. Websites. Index.
Gregory A. Martin, Curriculum Materials Center Librarian, Assistant Professor of Library Science, Cedarville University, Cedarville, Ohio
Author: Nancy Robinson Masters
Nancy Robinson Masters has been wearing jeans all of her life. Nancy grew up on a cotton farm in West Texas where she learned to drive a tractor before she learned to drive a car. She is an award-winning author of 18 books and hundreds of stories and articles. â€œThat old tractor started me on journeys that have taken me around the world. Everywhere Iâ€™ve been, including Antarctica as a guest of the National Science foundation, Iâ€™ve met people wearing jeans!â€
- Item count: 0
- Title count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00