Books in the Magic, Myth, and Mystery series explore those strange creatures that go bump in the night, fill our dreams (or nightmares!), and make us afraid of the dark. In Griffins, you'll learn more about these legendary creatures. Written with a high interest level to appeal to a more mature audience and a lower level of complexity with clear visuals to help struggling readers along. Considerate text includes tons of fascinating information and wild facts that will hold the readers' interest, allowing for successful mastery and comprehension. A table of contents, glossary with simplified pronunciations, and index all enhance comprehension.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Dewey: 398/.469
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781634728867): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Paperback (9781534100640): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- PDF (9781634729758): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534101531): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Magic, Myth, and Mystery
- Lexile® Measure: 440
- Guided Reading Level: Z
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / General (JNF038000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Curiosities & Wonders (JNF016000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Science / Folklore & Mythology (JNF052030)
Table of Contents
- A Monster Mix
- A Powerful Combination
- Slaying the Beast
- From Dinosaur Bones to Legends
- Gods and Warriors
- Did You Know?
- Consider This!
- Learn More
- About the Author
No reviews found.
Author: Virginia Loh-Hagan
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars
- Sources for further research
- Table of contents