Junior Scientists: Experiment with Soil
Describes experiments that can be performed with soil in order to learn about its properties, including its composition, whether it can act as a natural filter, and if different substances can make it more fertile.
- Level: Grade 3 - Grade 6
- Dewey: 631.4078--dc22
- Graphics: Full-color photographs, Full-color illustrations
- Reinforced book (9781602798373): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2011
- PDF (9781602798953): 32 pages, © 2011
- Hosted ebook (9781602798953H): 32 pages, © 2011
- Series: Explorer Junior Library
- Subseries: Science Explorer Junior
- Lexile® Measure: 460
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / General (see also headings under Animals or Technology) (JNF051000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Experiments & Projects (JNF051110)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Environmental Science & Ecosystems (JNF051100)
Table of Contents
- Let's Experiment!
- EXPERIMENT #1: What Is Soil Made Of?
- EXPERIMENT #2: Soil Size
- EXPERIMENT #3: Stop It!
- Do It Yourself!
- For More Information
- About the Author
No reviews found.
Author: Vicky Franchino
Vicky Franchino has always liked to learn about people who have made a difference in the world. Before writing this book she knew very little about Roberto Clemente, but she now understands why people still remember and honor him more than 30 years after his death. She hopes Clementeâ€™s story will help to inspire others to use their talents and time to make the world a better place. Vicky is the author of a number of other nonfiction books for children, and lives with her husband and their three daughters in Wisconsin.
Your cart is empty
- Author/Illustrator biography
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars
- Sources for further research
- Table of contents