This Level 1 guided reader series explores feelings. Students will develop word recognition and reading skills while learning about their feelings.
- Level: Kindergarten - Grade 3
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781634714891): 8.25 x 8.25, 24 pages, © 2017
- Paperback (9781634715331): 8.25 x 8.25, 24 pages, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781634715553): 8.25 x 8.25, 24 pages, © 2017
- Subject: Language Arts, Social Studies
- Series: 21st Century Basic Skills Library
- Subseries: Feelings
Individual Titles (8)
School Library Journal - Feelings
Reviewed on 1 November 2016
Though a difficult concept for many youngsters to understand, feelings are a part of everyday life. In these brief, kid-friendly scenarios, children will recognize their own experiences, whether it’s feeling fear at being in bed alone in the dark, excitement at an upcoming visit from grandma, or sadness at a friend’s move. Concise language describes the different feelings and healthy tactics for emotional release while acknowledging that emotions are impermanent. Photos, which at times visually break up the plot continuity of the text, positively reinforce that the expression of emotion is universal across all races and ethnicities. In addition to the standard glossary, index, and suggested readings section, this series includes a “Home and School Connection” vocabulary list to aid in sight word recognition within the text while applying the words to daily life. VERDICT A useful resource for the emotional well-being of our very youngest.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Sources for further research