Cool Vocational Careers
The Cool Vocational Careers series explores careers that don't require four-year degrees. Readers will discover what it takes to succeed in these careers, from what kinds of education they will need to what a day on the job is like. Callouts prompt inquiry, further thinking, and close examination of photographs. Additional text features and search tools, including a glossary and an index, help students locate information and learn new words.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 7
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781634714914): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Paperback (9781634715355): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781634715577): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Subject: Professional, Science & Technology
- Series: 21st Century Skills Library
- Subseries: Cool Vocational Careers
Individual Titles (8)
School Library Journal - Cool Vocational Careers
Reviewed on 1 November 2016
These titles lean toward jobs that are physically demanding, artistic, or require more technical skills than most. Practical and informative, these books weave facts about the nature of the work, earnings, and educational requirements into the narrative. Quotes from real people about their career paths accompany discussions on efficiency, work ethic, problem solving, and being a team player. The captioned color photos of diverse workers underscore the type of daily tasks associated with the job, and fact boxes tie to “21st Century Content” or “Life & Career Skills.” “Think About It” offers questions to ask adults about the job or web search ideas. VERDICT Refreshing choices for students who may not be college bound.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Sources for further research