Makers as Innovators
Some of today's most incredible innovations are coming from the global community of makers. These thinkers, inventors, and hackers share information and technology to push new ideas forward. Readers will discover how they can join the maker movement and help improve the way we live.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781634715683): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Paperback (9781634715706): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Hosted ebook (9781634715713): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2017
- Subject: Language Arts, Science & Technology
- Series: 21st Century Skills Innovation Library
- Subseries: Makers as Innovators
Individual Titles (24)
School Library Journal - Makers as Innovators
Reviewed on 1 November 2016
While there are extremely interesting ideas in this series, such as a solar oven and a littleBits night-light, this set is for sophisticated crafters and readers. These offerings are all about decoding written instructions—photos or drawings of the work in progress are scarce. However, pages are easy on the eyes, with an uncluttered design that incorporates sidebars and some photos. This series is worth considering on a title-by-title basis rather than as a total package purchase. Denim includes about 20 projects ranging from quick and easy (steampunk vest) to somewhat challenging (denim mailbag), while there are only two or three projects in Makey Makey, littleBits, and Solar Energy. VERDICT The tech selections fill a gap, but the more traditional craft books may overlap options a library already owns.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Sources for further research