This book in the Urban Legends: Don't Read Alone! series explores the creepy history of the legend of The Hookman. Are you brave enough to read it alone? Written with a high interest level to appeal to a more mature audience and a lower level of complexity with clear visuals to help struggling readers along. Considerate text includes tons of fascinating information and wild facts that will hold the readers' interest, allowing for successful mastery and comprehension. A table of contents, glossary with simplified pronunciations, and index all enhance comprehension.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Dewey: 398.22
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781634729000): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Paperback (9781534100787): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- PDF (9781634729895): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534101678): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Urban Legends: Don't Read Alone!
- Lexile® Measure: 470
- Guided Reading Level: Z
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 192103
- Accelerated Reader® Reading Level: 2.9
- Accelerated Reader® Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / General (JNF038000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Law & Crime (JNF030000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Science / Folklore & Mythology (JNF052030)
Table of Contents
- Hooking a Good Story
- Beware the Hanging Hook
- From Phantom to Hookman
- You’Ve Been Warned!
- It’s All in the Telling!
- Did You Know?
- Consider This!
- Learn More
- About the Author
No reviews found.
Author: Virginia Loh-Hagan
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars
- Sources for further research
- Table of contents