Gravity Hills in the Urban Legends: Don't Read Alone! series explores the creepy legend of Gravity Hills--from history to speculation to scientific explanation. This book is written with a high interest level to appeal to a more mature audience and a lower level of complexity with clear visuals to help struggling readers along. Considerate text includes wild facts (almost too strange to believe!) hold the readers' interest. A table of contents, glossary with simplified pronunciations, and index all enhance vocabulary and comprehension.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Dewey: 152.14/8
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781534107625): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Paperback (9781534108615): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- PDF (9781534109605): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534120594): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Urban Legends: Don't Read Alone!
- Lexile® Measure: 500
- Guided Reading Level: V
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 193748
- Accelerated Reader® Reading Level: 3.3
- Accelerated Reader® Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / General (JNF038000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Law & Crime (JNF030000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Science / Folklore & Mythology (JNF052030)
Table of Contents
- Blaming Ghosts!
- Forceful Hills
- It’s Showtime!
- Beyond Ghosts
- Science vs. Story
- Did You Know?
- Consider This!
- Learn More
- About the Author
No reviews found.
Author: Virginia Loh-Hagan
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars
- Sources for further research
- Table of contents