Sewer Gators in the Urban Legends: Don't Read Alone! series explores creepy stories of gators in the sewer--from history to speculation to scientific explanation. This book is written with a high interest level to appeal to a more mature audience and a lower level of complexity with clear visuals to help struggling readers along. Considerate text includes wild facts (almost too strange to believe!) hold the readers' interest. A table of contents, glossary with simplified pronunciations, and index all enhance vocabulary and comprehension.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Dewey: 597.98/4
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781534107632): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Paperback (9781534108622): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- PDF (9781534109612): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Hosted ebook (9781534120600): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2018
- Subject: Language Arts
- Series: Urban Legends: Don't Read Alone!
- Lexile® Measure: 470
- Guided Reading Level: T
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 193755
- Accelerated Reader® Reading Level: 3.7
- Accelerated Reader® Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / General (JNF038000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Law & Crime (JNF030000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Science / Folklore & Mythology (JNF052030)
Table of Contents
- Scaly Sightings
- Urban Swamp Monsters
- Making Headlines
- Gator Fear
- Getting Real About Gators
- Did You Know?
- Consider This!
- Learn More
- About the Author
No reviews found.
Author: Virginia Loh-Hagan
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars
- Sources for further research
- Table of contents