Celebrating Diversity in My Classroom
Each book in the Celebrating Diversity in My Classroom series takes an age-appropriate look at the culture of a particular country/heritage. Countries covered include top immigrant groups in America to foster empathy in students and a multicultural community in the classroom. Books include coverage on geography, language, religion, food, and culture, as well as backmatter, glossary, and index to aid further learning.
- Level: Grade 2 - Grade 4
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781534128477): 8.25 x 8.25, 24 pages, © 2019
- Paperback (9781534131835): 8.25 x 8.25, 24 pages, © 2019
- Hosted ebook (9781534133372): 8.25 x 8.25, 24 pages, © 2019
- Subject: Language Arts, Social Studies
- Series: 21st Century Junior Library
- Subseries: Celebrating Diversity in My Classroom
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / General (JNF038000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / School & Education (JNF050000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Topics / Emigration & Immigration (JNF053240)
Individual Titles (14)
School Library Connection - Celebrating Diversity in My Classroom
Reviewed on 13 July 2018
This series is an excellent introduction to the culture, language, food, and holidays of each featured country. While not covering the topics in-depth, titles presents a variety of cultural aspects that students would want to explore. Sentences and paragraphs are appropriate for the young reader, with glossary vocabulary in red type. Color photos with captions enhance understanding. “Look!” and “Ask Questions” sections illicit ways to engage readers and included web links help expand learning opportunities. Overall this is would make a nice addition to your nonfiction section. Additional Resources. Glossary. Index. Table of Contents. Susan Boatwright, Retired Teacher-Librarian, Reviewer, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Recommended.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Table of contents