Emerging Tech Careers
Readers get acquainted with the people behind today's most cutting-edge technologies--from bright ideas to cool new products. The Emerging Tech Careers series inspires readers in grades 4-8 to consider a high-tech future career. Each title in the series introduces six exciting careers and features sidebar activities that invite readers to Imagine That! and Dig Deeper! Includes tables of contents, glossary, index, and supplementary backmatter.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Reinforced book (9781534128576): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2019
- Paperback (9781534131934): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2019
- Hosted ebook (9781534133471): 7.5 x 9.5, 32 pages, © 2019
- Subject: Professional, Science & Technology
- Series: Bright Futures Press
- Subseries: Emerging Tech Careers
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / General (JNF061000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / Inventions (JNF061010)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Careers (JNF011000)
Individual Titles (8)
School Library Journal
Reviewed on 1 November 2018
Whether it’s a career in personal space travel or in wearable electronics, this technology series features eight of today’s most cutting-edge professional fields. Within each volume, students are introduced to six occupations, their basic job duties, key ideas and developments in the field, educational requirements, and even some tips on how to get started. “Imagine It!,” one of two engaging sidebar activities per section, encourages both creativity and higher-level thinking in readers while “Dig Deeper!” invites students to pursue independent online research and even suggests specific URLs from which to begin. Each book concludes with the question “What is your big idea?” and a final inquiry-based activity that should spark readers’ imaginations, foster creative expression, and stimulate discussion. VERDICT A solid career resource for school and public libraries.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Glossary of key words
- Table of contents