The Helping Out series explores the ways little readers can help out in their own world. The series utilizes social emotional based text to get children comfortable with reading. Each book uses the Whole Language approach to literacy, a combination of sight words and repetition builds recognition and confidence. Bold, colorful photographs correlate directly to text to help guide readers through the book. Books include teaching guides.
- Level: Preschool - Grade 2
- Graphics: Full-color photographs
- Paperback (9781534152854): 6 x 6.75, 16 pages, © 2020
- Hosted ebook (9781534153073): 6 x 6.75, 16 pages, © 2020
- Subject: Language Arts, Social Studies
- Series: Helping Out
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Readers / Beginner (JNF045000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Words (see also headings under Language Arts) (JNF013120)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Topics / Values & Virtues (JNF053200)
Individual Titles (4)
School Library Journal - Helping Out
Reviewed on 1 November 2019
PreS-Gr 2–The repetitive language and familiar images in this series will help build confidence in younger readers. Each book explores different ways that children can help others at home, at school, on the playground, and around town. Each page features a large, colorful image of children performing helpful tasks and one sentence with repeating structure and language: “I help deliver. I help bake,” or “I paint at my playground. I organize at my playground.” Each book includes a list of sight words of varying difficulty and a list of each statement from the book. VERDICT Young children love helping and reading. This series takes advantage of both to build skill and confidence.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Teaching guides