Disruptors in Tech
How did people go from listening to big, bulky vinyl records to streaming music wirelessly on Spotify? How did black and white newspapers evolve into 280-character tweets and Buzzfeed articles filled with GIFs and memes? What impact does innovation have on society? In the Disruptors in Tech series, readers will discover how technology has positively and negatively disrupted major industries like music, media, cars, and even education! This series includes a table of contents, tech-forward sidebars, a timeline, glossary, index, and author biography.
- Level: Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Graphics: Full-color photographs, Historical photographs
- Reinforced book (9781534152564): 7 x 9, 32 pages, © 2020
- Paperback (9781534153004): 7 x 9, 32 pages, © 2020
- Hosted ebook (9781534153226): 7 x 9, 32 pages, © 2020
- Subject: Language Arts, Science & Technology
- Series: 21st Century Skills Innovation Library
- Subseries: Disruptors in Tech
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / General (JNF061000)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / Inventions (JNF061010)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / Electricity & Electronics (JNF051090)
Individual Titles (8)
School Library Journal - Disruptors in Tech
Reviewed on 1 November 2019
Gr 4-8–Covering the history of each invention’s predecessors, the various titles show how the hard work of innovative thinkers revolutionized people’s lives. 3D Printing details the introduction of 3-D printing, how costs have dropped, and opportunities for growth in both the public and private sectors. Readers might not be surprised at how streaming has impacted the music and movie industries, how e-commerce and e-learning have exploded, or how smartphones are considered the most popular advancement in technology, but they may be less familiar with the rise of cryptocurrency detailed in Blockchain. Educators will also appreciate Online News and its focus on biased vs. unbiased news sources. The text is fairly clinical but very well written and will provide excellent research fodder. VERDICT Focusing on tech that has shaken up the norm, this informative series will be essential for report writers. First purchases for school and public libraries.
No contributors found.
Your cart is empty
- Author/Illustrator biography
- Glossary of key words
- Informative sidebars
- Table of contents
- Timeline of key events